Michael names “beautiful & conceptual design” as his unique selling proposition, experience & up-to-date working knowledge across digital and classic media & trends “current performance standard” and the world of communication, adversing, and branding his “home”. Michael’s strategic capabilities support the delivery of complex content in an impactful way, by making messages attractive, quick & easy to understand, transparent and on target. Guidance of clients through creative process and project management adds “nice to work with” to Michael’s professional attributes.
Six international awards as well as his extensive experience would enable Michael to help you and your clients in achieving your creative and strategic goals and make me a valuable asset to any company, organization or project.
Creative – Strong track record of powerful, elegant, and award winning creative and design acress media, including digital and print.
Strategic – Demonstrated history of understanding market trends and developing innovative solutions through effective development of strategic concept-to-finish advertising and branding.
Leadership/Mentor – Management/supervisory experience, mentoring, coaching team members and staff of all levels through project development & process, including trending, concert and production.
- Art Direction – Digital/ Print
- Design Direction – Digital/ Print
- Graphic Design – Digital/ Print
- Strategy/ Concept
- Creative Brand Management
- Web Design
- Motion Graphics Design
- User Experience UX/ User Interface UI Design
- Project & Account Management
- Client Facing & Presentation
- Photo Shoots (Planning/ Shoot List/ Retouching)
- Corporate Presentations
- Branding (Brand-Strategy, -Design, -Management)
- Corporate Identity & Communications
- Advertising (ATL & BTL)
- Direct Mail & Intergrated Campaigning
- Broadcast (TV & Radio)
- Convention & Exhibition Design
- Trade Fair Booth Design
- Brochure & Collateral Systems
- Public Information Systems & Signage
BRANDS | CLIENTS
- Island City Stage
- Algae to Omega/
- Serig Designs
- Office Depot
- DHL Express US
- Skywater/ Island Sky
- Fido |
- Mastercard ,
- Merrill Lynch
- Coca Cola
- VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Banc Republic
- NCL Cruise Lines
- Orient Cruise Line
- Old Fort Lauderdale Village & Museum
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Nationwide Insurance
- Liquid Visa
- Bank One
- BMW Financial Services
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (Newspaper)
- Fed. Assoc. of German Banks
- Dresdner Bank
Apple Mac iOS, and Windows/Android platforms,
equally used for all software applications listed right/below.
Stationary: Apple iMac | iOS
Laptop/Tablet (convertible): Lenovo Yoga | Windows
Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy | formerly Apple iPhone
Font use: otf, ttf, Google fonts (all three font groups applicable on both platforms, in digital and print media)
Digital/Web Design UX UI
Adobe Photoshop CC 17
Adobe InDesign CC 17
Adobe Illustrator CC 17
Adobe Acrobat Pro CC 17
- Branding & Brand Strategy
- Express Shipping, Logistics
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Travel, Tourism, Hospitality
Jan/2019 – present
MD Science Lab
- Manage complete project life cycle from project planning, strategic development, design and execution across all media.
Oct/2006 – present
New York, Ft. Lauderdale, Frankfurt
MKBranding,com was founded in 2006 as a marketing consultancy and has been the partner of choice for emerging and established brands looking for innovative branding and communications solutions through the integrated use of identity, digital media, packaging, advertising, motion graphics, interactive and print.
- Manage complete project life cycle from project planning, strategic development, design and execution.
- Manage all aspects of media design and utilization, including content development, promotional strategies, budgetary considerations, and deadline adherence across all channels, including print, web, and interactive media.
- Provide guidance and leadership with respect to marketing campaign strategy development, benchmarking, implementation, post-execution analysis, theme development, and budget considerations to achieve better results and understanding of innovative market solutions and trends.
- Research, screen, and strategically integrate various resources and partnerships to improve cost-benefit relationship and maximize client satisfaction.
July/2014 – June/2015
Senior Designer, In-Store Customer Experience
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
- Successfully grew overall national results (% in comparison to same quarters last year) in excellent visual merchandising, in-store customer experience, merchants, internal and external vendor teams.
- Manage complete creative project life cycles of quarterly and event campaigns, including strategic concept development, art direction & design, engineering, photo-shooting, pre- and post-production and implementation into 2000stores of different configuration and sizes.
- Provide guidance, innovate and revise Brand Architecture & Brand Visual Identity Elements, improve creative collaboration between departments and creative functions of national vendors and partners, optimize consistency across channels,media and communication vehicles.
Oct/2004 – Oct/2006
Senior Art Director & Design Director
- Provided creative vision of internal and external projects, with a strong focus on brand development, strategic processes and collaboration with clients and among internal environment, print & interactive teams.
- Developed strategic and tactical roadmaps for integrated communication teams and third party vendors for launch of new brands in the marketplace, including advertising, direct marketing, POS, and interactive teams for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care, AdvantageCare and other key clients.
- Managed all aspects of media design, including content development, 75K+ photoshoots, promotional strategies, budgetary considerations, and deadline adherence across all channels, including print, web, and interactive media.
- Streamlined processes lead to deeper and stronger collaboration with internal departments and expanded relationships with clients.
- Recreated the Turkel brand, its offerings and all business development tools to provide greater clarity of services to new and existing clients.
- Brought extensive experience and knowledge of branding and interactive development into a direct marketing firm.
- Showed leadership of firm’s new offerings, art directed its new brand and marketing materials, and established brand and consistency across platforms.
- Initiated and led first comprehensive brand audit for key client evaluating all print, communication and web materials and streamlined their brand to maximize ROI.
Jul/1998 – Aug/2003
New York City
- Partnered with cross-functional teams to execute all aspects of brand strategy, brand architecture, corporate identity development and brand guidelines.
- Creatively led design teams in the re-branding of major multi-national corporations and the development of
specialized product branding initiatives for financial, automotive and manufacturing clients.
- Developed key protocols of new service offerings – including brand audits – to expand services available to clients during corporate identity initiatives.
University of Fine Arts Berlin
Master Academic Degree:
Visual Communication & Graphic Design
Professional Reference: Louis Pokriefka
Director Visual Merchandising, In-store Customer Experience, Office Depot
Office Depot Headquarters Boca Raton (telephone number or email provided upon request)
Professional Reference: David Martin & Kim Hoechst
David Martin: President North America Interbrand
KimHoechst: First Vice President, First USA Bank NA
“Because of the great work of K. Freed, A. Frasher and Michael K. (Brand Platform & Identity Creation) on the Liquid Visa Project for First USA, Interbrand contracted the BankOne Brand Creation on a six figure day.”
Professional Reference: Peggy Marion
Director of Marketing at Rennert Bilingual NYC
“A very good, experienced design, marketing, brand management professional with a passionate commitment to excellence. Michael K. has come through for me on many difficult deadline projects.”
Professional Reference: Blas Garcia Moros
Co-Founder of Microsoft, Founder & CEO, Collexium
“Thank you for a great brand identity.”
Professional Reference: Bill Donnelly
CFO BMW Financial Services Bank of North America
“Thank you for your professional advice and lead through the Product Brand Creation process on the global Alphera Financial Services project.”
Professional Reference: Bruce Turkel
Owner & ECD, TURKEL Total Brand Management – 6/30/2013
When did Michael K. work with you and for how long?
Michael was with us for two years.
Was this freelance or a fulltime relationship? What was Michael’s position? Can you describe the job responsibilities?
Full time. Michael was a senior art director.
Did Michael miss a lot of work? Was Michael frequently late? Were there any issues you are aware of that impacted Michael’s job performance?
Michael did not miss work and was not late. He’s very punctual.
Did Michael K. get along well with management and co-workers?
How did Michael handle conflict? How about pressure? Stress?
I don’t remember Michael K. being involved in any conflict. The only pressure would have been deadlines and Michael remained meticulous throughout.
Can you speak to Michael.’s software capabilities?
He was well versed in all design and in some development programs.
Would you work with Michael K. again if the opportunity arose?